Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building connected, service-oriented applications.
Teach yourself the essentials of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) 4 -- one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the clear guidance and hands-on examples you need to begin creating Web services for robust Windows-based business applications.
Discover how to:
- Build and host SOAP and REST services
- Maintain service contracts and data contracts
- Control configuration and communications programmatically
- Implement message encryption, authentication, and authorization
- Manage identity with Windows CardSpace
- Begin working with Windows Workflow Foundation to create scalable and durable business services
- Implement service discovery and message routing
- Optimize performance with service throttling, encoding, and streaming
- Integrate WCF services with ASP.NET clients and enterprise services components
Your Step by Step digital content includes:
- Practice exercises
- Downloadable code samples
- Fully searchable online edition of the book -- with unlimited access on the Web