Tuesday 27 March 2012

Which Grocery Stores Offer the Best Deals?


If you have watched the news at all lately, you have probably seen reports on the rising grocery prices and ways to help save. First of all let me just say, "Don't panic!" And second, "Don't listen to everything you hear from the media."

My local news station did a report where they price matched 4 different stores. (Target, Kroger, Tom Thumb, and WalMart) They bought identical items at each store and found that Target and WalMart beat out Kroger and Tom Thumb, with Target slightly cheaper than WalMart.

If they had bought different products or even the same products at a different time, their findings would have been been different as well. For the most part however, this is probably fairly accurate if you head into your grocery shopping without a game plan.

However, the smart shopper who wants to maximize their savings will take some time to organize and head to the store with information and strategy. Usually, it's actually the more "expensive" stores that give you the greatest value when you buy at their sale price and also use a coupon. A lot of these stores will also double or triple your coupons which give you even more savings.

People often ask me about finding the best coupons. Some people say the coupons in the local newspaper are for items they would not consider purchasing. Are there other places to search for coupons?

First let me say that I used to say the same thing. But when I became an avid coupon shopper, I came to realize all that I had been missing. I now use so many of the coupons that I never thought I would ever use.

Sometimes I will try a product I've never used just because it's free or a "too good to pass up deal." I either find a great product that I'll continue to purchase, or an item my family really doesn't like. Any extras of that item usually get taken to our local charity. I also found there are so many more products we do use on a regular basis. For example: vegetables, cheese, lunch meat, frozen foods, toilet paper, toothpaste, soap, laundry detergent, the list goes on and on.

Every week there are different coupons and I continue to find great products and even greater deals.

As far as other places to find coupons, you can always go online and print coupons as well. There are a number of online sources where you simply select the coupons you want and print them out before heading to the store.

One word of caution, check with your local grocer first to make sure they accept online coupons, but for the most part, you should not have any problems. Anyone can save and use coupons and still purchase the items they prefer. There is a wealth of savings to be had if you just take the time and be diligent.




Becky Sandefur is an entrepreneur known for her gift of helping others reach their money-saving goals. Her expertise is in the area of Home Economics, budgeting, and household management. She is the business owner of "The Coupon Detective" and trains people how to Save Hundreds on their Grocery Bill. You can get your free report at [http://www.MyCouponDetective.com]

Email: becky@mycoupondetective.com




No comments: